Thursday 5 January 2012

Absences and the Purple Paradox

I finished reading The Perfect Paradox. It was the perfect book for me, spending many chapters discussing the peculiarities of the purple paradox. It labelled a purple paradox as something that looks impossible but is actually closer to "following a different set of laws than we're used to," while a regular paradox is the theoretical phenomenon which is considered to be impossible.

The student in question who left the book was absent today. I admit, by this point, I'm getting a little bit on the paranoid side. There have been a lot of absences lately; Edward still hasn't shown up. But, I tell myself, it's winter. There's a flu going around; teachers haven't been showing up, either. So I just taught the class their lessons for today, trying my hardest to resist the urge to introduce the theoretical equations I had been reading about.

On the way home, I noticed the bakery was closed up and surrounded with police tape. The door was open by just a crack, and I'm sure I saw someone wearing some kind of mask inside.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me wonder if this is the Plague Doctor. Heh. Wearing a mask wouldn't be such a bad thing, after all.

    ReplyDelete